Where? Rockville Town Square, Rockville, Maryland, USA
30 Maryland Ave, Rockville, MD 20850
Hours of operation:
I couldn’t find anything on the official website of the City of Rockville. When I clicked on the link that is supposed to have the hours of operation, it said page not found. But according to the information that appears on Google, the hours of operation are every day from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
I can tell you that I visited on a Tuesday afternoon and I stayed until 6:00 PM and it was still on.
I suggest you follow the Rockville Town Square Facebook page to stay on the loop with what’s up. Most likely whoever manages the page will answer questions asked through the comments and/or messages.
None! This is free. Yay! 🥳
During my visit, I asked a staff member that was sanitizing the picnic tables and she said that to her knowledge, there isn’t a public restroom dedicated to the splash fountain users. But, the Rockville Memorial Library is right there and their restrooms were open and clean. Therefore, that’s the closest public restroom.
Also, there’s many restaurants on site and they most likely have restrooms available for customers.
As I mentioned before, there are many restaurants on site. Looking at the fountain, there’s one I really like, Lebanese Taverna.
There’s also an ice cream place called Marble Slab Creamery. We bought ice cream there and it was great. My little one has a thing for blue ice cream, and they do have one: blueberry cotton candy.
Across the street, there’s a place called BerryCup which I would love to try soon. I saw it on my way back to the car and after we had ice cream, so enough sugar for the day. But it sounds yummy, next time!
Rockville Town Square is bordered by Maryland Avenue and Gibbs St (which at the moment is closed and filled with picnic and patio tables for outdoor seating). On the corner of Maryland Avenue intersecting Middle Ln, there’s a Starbucks and a Mr. Smoothie! Further into Middle Ln, there’s a Panera. I am a huge fan of Panera. In almost every single trip I do, I buy food from Panera.
There’s metered street parking (just one hour) and multiple garages surrounding the plaza. These garages are pricey. You used to get two hours free by validating your ticket at any of the businesses there. BUT, it turns out that just yesterday it was announced that now you can get up to two hours for free without validating your ticket! Also, the fee for the extra hours significantly decreased. According to the information shared by the MoCo Show, these are the new fees at the garages:
0-2 hours: Free
2-3 hours: $1
3-4 hours: $3
4-5 hours: $5
- Bring the following essentials:
- Swimsuit for everyone that will get wet. Adults can play too!
- Hats for everyone: there’s a big gazebo in front of the fountain that offers plenty of shade. Inside the gazebo there’s many picnic and patio tables. But right above the fountain, there isn’t shade. So, the sun shines bright there!
- Nonslip water shoes there isn’t a requirement for this. Nobody is enforcing it and most kids were barefoot. But, since they will get wet, water shoes make the most sense.
- A change of dry clothes
- Wipes because I always carry wipes. They can clean any mess!
- A small first aid kit. After what happened to my son at the Germantown Splash Park, I carry it at all times. Remember, with big band aids because falls on pavement create big cuts. You can read what happened here.
- Food if you don’t want to buy. That’s always better for the pocket and the planet (and most likely for your health).
- Drinks to stay hydrated. This summer heat is no joke. Fortunately, there’s plenty of shade here.
You can totally pair this outing with a visit to the Rockville Memorial Library. Check their website to learn what’s coming.
Alrighty, I think I said everything there was to be said about a day on the Splash Fountain at Rockville Town Square. If you decide to visit this place, I hope you have a great time. Being outside and in contact with nature is proven to make you feel better and happier. Let me know if you go how it goes and remember that the easiest way to stay on the loop is to follow me on insta, where I also share videos and more on my stories/highlights!
Please, share with your family and friends and comment below, and/or send me an email/message with suggestions of what else you would like to see here. I want this page to be as helpful as possible. Thanks for reading!